1. Happy New Year!
2. Last night I spent an hour outside in the cold looking at constellations. I spotted Orions belt and then from there everything I learned in my many visits to the Owens science center planetarium and my college astronomy class kicked in (yes I took astronomy as an elective in college, I also used to be in the Audobon society lol #certifiednerd). As I was heading in I saw a shooting star. It reminded me the simple things in life still make me happy.
3. One conversation I’ve decided not to join is the one being had about Mr. Cosby. Everyone is entitled to opinions and beliefs. BUT I will say if I was to ever get assaulted I know who on my timeline, or at least who used to be on my timeline, not to go to.
4. Was reading an article and saw this quote… “YOUR TRIBE SHOULD BE A MANIFESTATION OF YOUR SPIRIT.” That had had me like yassss (I really said it like that lol). I only want people around me that really speak to who I really am, who I want to be, and what I want to be associated with. Diversity in friend circles is important but if we aren’t heading in the same direction, eh. In 2016 I have no time for foolishness. That goes for friendships, dating, at work, and the list goes on. I didn’t really in 2015 either but that quote made me want to reiterate for those who forgot or didn’t know.
5. I need a new mentor. I had one but he’s retired on an island and not checking emails lol. I would prefer someone in my field of corporate communications/ CSR/ PR/media and someone who gives hard truths along with great guidance. Writing this and putting it in the universe/atmosphere. There is so much I want to do this year and I know how important a GOOD mentor is.
6. Every year at the beginning of the year I pick a word. Last year was fearless. This year my word is LIMITLESS [adj. without end, limit, or boundary. unrestricted.] What is your word or theme for the year?
7. The first day of every month my mom sends out an email to a group of family and friends. I was reading it and realized her email is basically just another form of me doing this list. I really am her child *sigh*
Here is January’s email:
Good evening. The slate has been wiped clean. The opportunity to start all over again is in your face. What will you do?
The shelves are filled with self-improvement books and many promises.
You probably already own several copies of the world’s foremost guide to spiritual, physical and emotional well-being.
I am speaking of the Holy Bible. It has answers for every aspect of our lives, especially wisdom and truth.
I am a witness. Try reading it often if you expect this to be the best year ever.