1. I REALLY didn’t want to do this list this week.
2. I’m reading a book from one of my favorite pastors, Stephen Furtick, titled “Crash the Chatterbox: Hearing God’s Voice Above All Others.”
While reading, I came across these words “…when we allow insecurity to override God’s purpose in our lives, we are implying that He didn’t quite get the job done when He put us together.” dagger. I haven’t read something that convicted me so much in a while.
3. I’ve decided that over my holiday break from work I’m designating two days to do absolutely nothing. I’ve flown over 30k miles for work this year + how ever many for personal travel and my body is like “girl chill… lay in bed, light a candle, listen to Coltrane, color, but just chill.”
4. I’m seeing so many “In 2016 I am going to…” posts already. As close as it is, waiting for the change of the year is still too far away. Start now. Time is of the essence.
5. I’ve learned a long time ago to never read the comments. I’ve always told people if you really want to see racism just look at comments on some news sites or facebook threads. In the past 24 hours the stories about Steve Harvey and people being mad that a character from Harry Potter, Hermione, will be played by a black woman in a movie, proves my point.
6. Trying to figure out why I didn’t plan a trip to a warm weather destination for Christmas break. I need sunshine, sand and water ASAP.
7. Christmas can be a struggle for me. Some years are great, other years not so much. This year I’m in the middle. So many great memories in my life are based around Christmas, and sometimes it’s hard when you think about those people who are no longer present. I know there are others who feel the same way this time of year so I just wanted to let you know you aren’t alone and I love you. And so does GOD.