1. Sometimes words pop in my head. I’ve realized it’s not as random as I always think. I pray about a lot of stuff and ask God for a sign. Sometimes the sign is a singular word. God knows I love to research and I look up everything, so I’m realizing sometimes he makes me go seek out and be active in getting my answer.
2. This week’s word was vulnerable. Being vulnerable is difficult. Especially when you are an over-thinker. Especially when your name is Christen. I listened to one of Brene Browns TED talks and this stood out…
“There was only one variable that separated the people who have a strong sense of love and belonging and the people who really struggle for it. And that was, the people who have a strong sense of love and belonging believe they’re worthy of love and belonging. That’s it. They believe they’re worthy. And to me, the hard part of the one thing that keeps us out of connection is our fear that we’re not worthy of connection… vulnerability is the core of shame and fear and our struggle for worthiness, but it appears that it’s also the birthplace of joy, of creativity, of belonging, of love.”
3. “Experiences over things.” I hear people say this all the time. Guess what I like both lol. BUT I have learned as I get older to lean more towards the experience side. But if in my experience I see a really great bag and some shoes hey why not.
4. Remember as the Holiday season kicks off that it’s not an easy time of year for everyone. Sooo many of us have voids in our hearts this time of year. Time passes and we learn to live without seeing people on a daily basis, but I can’t say it ever “get’s easy.” So make sure you love on your friends and family this season.
5. Read a book. Like for real. Books can change your life. I met this guy earlier in the year and he said he didn’t read. I was confused. I said you have to read. Magazines, the paper something. He said past facebook and Instagram nothing. Since I’m still single yall see how that ended up for him lol…
6. I still hate BWI. I don’t understand how at Reagan, Dulles and even the airport in Phoenix I can have my checked bags within 15-20 min of me being off the plane. Hell usually in Phoenix my bag is on the belt by the time I get downstairs. But BWI constantly reminds me that I have to do carry-ons only there. Last week and this week it took over an hour to get bags.
7. Since I can’t end on a complaint. Remember you are LOVED. And I am thankful for all you bring to the universe… Also if you don’t have a place to eat Thanksgiving the doors are open for a plate (to go) lol.